Sunday, November 22, 2015

Morning Time

One of the things that has been lacking in our homeschool day is our morning time. We started out very well when my children were younger but, over the last year, morning time (or morning meeting) has fallen by the wayside. It is such an important tool that we can implement that can change the tone of our day within just a few minutes.

This is the time that I go over my older children's schedules for the day with them and plan when I will have individual time with each. They both have their own clipboard with term assignments to be checked off daily. By year 4, they are responsible for making sure that their work is completed and narrations are given before any free time is allowed. It is important for our daily schedules (and my sanity!) to know when I will hear narrations to keep from interrupting me as I am working or reading to the younger children. Once interrupted, it is hard to get them settled back down again and back on track.

 Morning meeting is also when we typically tackle our group subjects. I spread these subjects throughout the week on my daily checklist. This makes is simple for me and keeps me from letting some of our feast from falling through the cracks. I am excited to get started again and add a bit more structure to our mornings.

You can get my Morning Meeting checklist here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment