Monday, November 23, 2015

Strong

If anything is certain as a homeschooling mom, it is uncertainty. I don't think that really ever goes away, but rather just comes as cycles. I will be honest, I am a worrier. I stress out about everything from what I need to do, what I should have done, what I possibly could do in the next few years. I have to watch it, or I get into a dark place and worrying becomes a way of life. Homeschooling gives us a lot of worries, if we let it. There are opinions everywhere you look on how this homeschool journey is supposed to look, and every clan has something different to say. The classical-clan says you should be doing more. The CM-clan thinks you should be doing less. The unit study-clan says bring it all together and point the way. The Unschoolers say let them lead. Then there are groups with bits and pieces and slices in-between. There are curriculum choices, extracurricular choices, pens, pencils, Will I need a laminator?, Creationism vs. Evolution, socialization, Am I messing this whole thing up?, mastery or spiral, upside down or at the table, the list goes on and on... So many ways, so many worries.

Some days it is overwhelming. It never seems like enough. Between the responsibilities of running and managing my home, keeping up with the Littles, am I really doing right by my children? Am I preparing them for the world?

And, oh, the world! There is enough worry there! What a mess! Here I am, doing the best I can to teach love, kindness, mercy, and grace, modesty, and a desperate flaming love for God... and I have to wonder... Am I raising sheep for the slaughter?

I told you, I am a worrier.

There is one thing that I know. One thing that keeps me going. One tiny thing that makes my world right itself when I get lost in this maze.


I am not alone.
 
 
The same God that created the heavens and the earth, the same God who walked on water, calmed the seas, raised the dead, healed the sick, parted the seas, formed and molded each and every one of us in miraculous detail... He is the one who called me to this life. When I am here saying I can not, He is saying, through Me, it might as well already be done. He has made the promises, and He keeps His word. I don't have to worry about the future, because He holds it in the palm of His hand, and what better place for it to be?
 
 
So in a way, I am right. I am not able. By my own strength, I am lacking before I have even begun. Thank God for a Savior that meets us where we are at. Thank God for a Savior that knows our limitations and sees us through. Thank God that where we are weak, His strength shines. Thank God. Because He is so good.
 
 
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


 

No comments:

Post a Comment